Reducing our carbon footprint
The minus 1 transport group recognizes as a responsible member of the community it must be continually trying to reduce its carbon footprint. As members of the VTA (Victorian Transport Association) we are aware of all current issues and have systems in place to help combat these emissions.
These systems include –
- Euro 5 equipment
- Using high quality bio-diesels
- Selecting the most fuel efficient vehicles for the required task
- Using the vehicle GPS tracking system to minimize travel time and source the most efficient local and national transport routs
- Regularly maintaining vehicles and equipment
- Customization to truck aerodynamics
In-house we are recycling water and adopting practices to minimize general energy usage across the board.